We are putting together an awesome team for a new wine bar and tasting room in downtown Fredericksburg. If you have hospitality experience, love talking with people about wine, and are passionate about creating an excellent customer experience, you may be a great fit for the Curio Wine Bar team as a Tasting Room Associate.
This is a part-time position of approximately 14-20 hours (or 2-3 shifts) a week. Curio Wine Bar is open afternoons and evenings Wednesdays through Sundays; ideal candidates will have flexible availability to work and availability Saturdays is required. There are also opportunities to work private events, offsite festivals, and at our farm winery tasting room in Sumerduck, VA (about 25 minutes from Fredericksburg).
Compensation: Curio team members start at $12/hour base pay + tips pooled with a small team. (Average compensation with tips at the farm winery is around $18-22/hour.) Includes complimentary wine-club releases and a generous employee discount. There are also some industry opportunities for wine experience and education.
- Customer Service and sales: Greeting guests and ensuring they receive prompt, courteous, and professional service to guarantee they leave with a high opinion of our wines and winery. Creating a connection with customers and sharing knowledge of the available wines and benefits of wine clubs.
- General Duties: Maintaining a clean and well-stocked wine bar/tasting room; performing cleaning duties as scheduled and needed.
- Light food preparation: Preparing charcuterie and small bites; cleaning dishes as needed.
- Off-site Events: Occasionally representing the winery at festivals and other events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older. Experience in hospitality and basic knowledge of and interest in wine is required.
- Availability to work at least two shifts per week required; availability on Saturdays required.
- Comfortable using complex software like the iPad point-of-sale system and basic hardware troubleshooting skills required.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Willing to learn new things and work both independently and as a team player.
- Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, squat, lift 40 lbs, and go up and down stairs repeatedly.
- Requires the ability to earn food handling and alcohol-related certifications.
- Must maintain high standards of cleanliness and follow safety and compliance regulations.
- Requires basic food preparation skills.
- Must have reliable transportation and be eligible to work in the United States.
Curio Wine Bar is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment for both staff and customers. We value kindness, empathy, and respect for each other as core tenets of our company’s culture.
Interested in joining the team?:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Curio Team Member” in the subject line with your resume and include a brief statement why you are interested in this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.